I don’t have time – Part 2

Share |

Sorry, I’m not prepared for today. I was too busy. I haven’t time.
Do you make the same grammar mistake? Many of my students say I haven’t time whereas they have to say I don’t have time. However, not only grammar is important here, but also your attitude – if this is really important for you.

Russian IS important for me. And I always wanted to enhance the level of it. But there was always a hindrance to itI don’t have time.

My schedule is very hectic.
I teach every day. Also, I’m a member of Cambridge English Teacher. I regularly take different courses for my professional development. The latest one which I finished is Teaching Vocabulary and Pronunciation by Cambridge English Teacher. I attend webinars and seminars, too.

In addition to that, I’m following courses in Leadership and Resilience, at the moment. The most inspiring one, the one which has changed my life in so many positive ways is – Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence.

Furthermore, I work as a composer. That means each day I enjoy playing the piano and creating music.
I have family commitments and many other things, as well.

How can I find time in this busy schedule? I want to improve my Russian and to maintain the level of my other languages. However, I want  is not enough. Deeds speak louder than words. If I want to get things done, to seize the opportunities, not to miss them, I need to act. Successful people don’t find time, they make time. I really love languages. I have to overcome this new challenge. I decided to get up 30 min earlier in order to read a book in Russian. I set the alarm of my mobile to measure the time – 30 min reading. I enjoy the process of reading and it helps me to broaden my horizons. I feel like a new person after that. Sometimes, an obstacle may derail my plans. In case of unexpected things, I make time later this day for reading.

In order to succeed, you need to be persistent and to have good strategies. Planning is crucial. I use if-then options because they are so very powerful.
If it’s Wednesday and it’s 10 am, I’ll practice Russian for 1 hour with my language exchange partner on http://sharedtalk.com/
If an obstacle appears, we’ll meet another time.
.
Something interesting I noticed – when I believe in myself, in my abilities to manage with Russian, I make less mistakes and the opposite, when I doubt, I tend to make more mistakes. Self-confidence, the belief that you can, is something invaluable, really!

Grammar is my biggest problem. Personally for me, it’s very boring to study rules and use a textbook. I decided to tackle the grammar challenge step by step. Each week, I choose a case which I don’t know and write on piece of paper the endings for it. Then, I place this note on the mirror, so I can see it every day. There is a sticky note on my computer, too. Every time, when I write or speak, I try to use the correct endings. Every week – different case or grammar structure.

It’s challenging. But I’m aware of the fact that improvement takes time and the key to success and enhanced ability is practice.

Ability is malleable – I know I can change it with efforts and practice. When I face difficulty, I need to try harder, to have grit! That’s why it’s good also to have a supportive environment to encourage and motivate you along the way. I have a friend who always nags me :-), keeps asking me to improve my Russian.

Read the part 1 of my story – How could it that be??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...