I believe the best investment you can make is in yourself. Not in houses, properties and material things. The best investment you can make is in yourself.
I believe the best teachers never stop learning and developing. That’s why I constantly work on myself, aspire to become better and meet a standard of excellence.
I want my students not only to become better at English, but also better as people.
Here is the new course, which I have already implemented successfully in my teaching - Conversations that Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change. I highly recommend it if you want to become an effective coach or simply grow as a person. I had two coaches and two coachees (people who receive training from a coach) in this course, which was an amazing experience. I could compare from both sides.
The most powerful lesson from my practice is about focus. Focus is the hidden power of excellence. And not only focus, but focus on the positive – on what you have, NOT on what you don’t have, which is negative. I don’t have money, I don’t time, I don’t have work, I don’t have…The list could go on and on. NO! This is negative – I don’t.
Focus on what you have and develop it no matter how small it is now.
Focus on the positive, on your strengths, and you will find the solutions, and you will thrive! “Build upon strengths and weaknesses will gradually take care of themselves.”
Build on the strengths you have, and only then move to eliminate your weaknesses. What’s more, when you develop your strengths, you will have more weapons and more self-confidence to fight against your weaknesses.
Focus on developing your strengths. It’s a crime to bury your talents!
These are my personal observations and feelings in my experience in coaching and being coached:
1. The coach needs to encourage, motivate, inspire the coachee, to empower him/her by asking powerful questions, to bring self-awareness.
2. Eye contact is important! Do not look aside when you speak to the coachee. It leaves the impression that you don’t care!
3. Learn from the mistakes of others!
4. Turn the negative into positive – look for the lessons – what you can learn from this situation!
5. Coaching with compassion is much more effective than coaching for compliance.
6. Emotional contagion occurs in a matter of milliseconds.
7. Emotions are contagious!
8. Negative emotions help us to survive. Positive emotions help us to thrive.
9. Balance is extremely important.
10. For every negative emotion, you need at least 3 positive to balance. The ratio between Positive to Negative is at least 3:1 (6:1 is better).
12. Where your thoughts are, there you are. Always try to be in a good place!
13. We are what we repeatedly do every day. We are also what we repeatedly feel.
14. Be careful what’s going inside your emotional home
15. “You are the books you read, the films you watch, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in.
You are what you take from these.
You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and darkest corner.
You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life.
You are every single day.
So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence.
Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind.” – Jac Vanek
17. Luck doesn’t come to people who are waiting for it. Luck comes to people who are fighting, who are searching for it.
18. Don’t forget to water your garden. If you always water the garden of others and neglect yours, the vegetables and fruit in your garden will die!
19. When you really practice what you preach, it can be felt and it is contagious!
20. Focus is the hidden power of excellence.
21. “A diamond is a chunk of coal that is made good under pressure.”
22. Goals should have a deadline; otherwise they remain just a dream. Take a bold move! Master an action plan!
23. Vision without action is hallucination.
24. A good reminder - Practice not to the point of comfort, but to the point of mastery. Amateurs practice to the point of comfort. Professionals practice to the point of mastery.
25. People with self-efficacy skills do not give up after failures. They raise and try this time harder.
26. Create a visual board of your life. You will feel empowered, indeed.
27. Not only you need to be solid like a rock amid the difficulties, troubles and all the negative stuff, but also you need to inspire and motivate others to do the same.
28. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”