It’s a beautiful day. I’m talking with my friend Alex. We’re sitting in the car. As you will see, I’m not a driver. I don’t have a driving license and I don’t understand much of cars. However, I’m very good at asking questions
- What’s this, Alex? I don’t know… - I shrugged my shoulders
- You don’t know?! Are you kidding me? You have never seen a steering wheel before? – Alex winked at me ;-)
- Sure. I’m not asking about that. I was asking about the thing that shows how much gas has left.
- Oh, that one. That’s a fuel gauge.
- I see. Then, next to it, it’s the temperature gauge, right?
- Exactly! You’re a clever girl!
- And what do we have below the steering wheel?
- What do you mean?
- I know on the left, that’s the brake, right? What about the other pedals?
- In the middle, that’s the clutch and on the right, that’s the accelerator.
- I think, in the US, we say gas pedal.
- Yes, but you know, I’m from London, not the US ;-)
- Right, Alex. You say petrol and I say gas or gasoline. By the way, I see you need to fill the car up with gasoline
- Did we run out of petrol? :))
- No, I’m joking… ;-)
- Enough with these questions. Fasten your seat belt! We need to go…
- Alex, can you explain to me, what are you doing now?
- I’m turning the key in the ignition, so can start the car.
- Okay, I see. Why are you honking the horn, too?
- You’re driving me crazy with your questions…
- You see, the car behind started beeping at us, too. We gotta go, sweety. Please, fasten your seat belt and stop talking.
- Just one more question, please. What’s this?
1. Create http://quizlet.com/ with the new words from the dialogue and the video
2. Practice retelling the story
3. Additional Task - Create your own story